Fawn Park Vineyard is located just off the Napa Valley floor on the eastern hillside at the Silverado Trail in St. Helena. This gently sloping vineyard has produced outstanding hillside fruit for more than 25 years. The vineyard is planted primarily to high-power Cabernet Sauvignon. However, a small two and one-half acre block was budded to Petite Verdot in 2005. The vineyard has excellent draining soils with spectacular sun exposure.
The property's history pre-dates the vines or its buildings. It's been told that local Indians mined the neighboring Glass Mountain and camped at the base of this property where they turned the mined obsidian into tools and arrowheads. There is a home on the property that was constructed in 1865 with a second story addition made when Judge Chiles owned the estate in 1915. A vintage barn was constructed in 1905 using timbers harvested from Howell Mountain. Prior to grapes and after the Indians, this property was used as a dairy to supply milk to the St. Helena Sanitarium (now known as St. Helena Hospital). The Hultman Family owned the property from 1928 to 1978, ran the dairy and also raised chickens there. In 1978 Loren Sorenson purchased the land, planted the vineyard, dug a spring-fed pond and continued a small farm for the local 4-H program.
The property is named Fawn Park Vineyard after the road that borders the southern side of the estate. This road was originally the stagecoach road going up and over Howell Mountain to Angwin and Pope Valley.